Saturday, March 18, 2017

Donald Trump and "Fake News"



As has been pointed out--by me, here, and by many others at many times and places--Donald Trump dispenses lies, while calling any media stories or articles that he feels are unfavorable to him "fake news." This--as has also been pointed out--is the tactic of a dictator. Dictators feel compelled to deflect criticism of themselves by attacking the media.

To define the term, fake news stories that are wholly manufactured; they are started by some usually unknown person, perhaps on a web site, and then they gain wide circulation via the Internet and social media.

I thought I would make up some "fake news" stories myself.

Fake News: Trump admits that the accusations that Obama wiretapped him were totally made up, and apologizes to Obama and the American people.

Fake News: Trump appoints all people-friendly choices to head his cabinet departments.

Fake News: Kellyanne Conway (Trump advisor) says, "I've been an evil, lying b*itch but I've been converted and now I see my evil ways."

Fake News: White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer resigns, saying "I just can't lie for that clown any longer."

Fake News: Trump resigns!!

Well, since none of these are true, they'd count as fake news; but I admit that to me they're just as much wishful thinking.

Copyright © 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment