Thursday, March 3, 2011

People I'd Like to See Go Away

1. Sarah Palin. I've said this before. I had the very foolish expectation that, once the 2008 presidential election was over and McCain/Palin lost, we'd hear no more of her.

2. John McCain. He seems quite a bit more conservative now than during the presidential campaign. I have to think he tried, in that campaign, to make us think he's a moderate; and now he is not even trying to do that.

3. Louis Farrakhan.

4. Mel Gibson. In much the same vein I guess I could add Charley Sheen. These wacko celebrities have earned millions of dollars, and they're just not worthwhile human beings. Is there some kind of negative lottery that I can hope they win?

5. Justin Bieber. Maybe he sings well; I frankly don't know. But he's become just one more example of a celebrity whose views and opinions are wrongly thought to be worthwhile. And while I'm at it, all of his fans. Who needs shrieking prepubescent girls?

Stay tuned; I'm sure I can think of a few more.

Copyright (c) 2011 by Richard Stein

No comments:

Post a Comment